As the days get shorter, the leaves fall and the temperatures dip, it’s a good time of year to consider doing a cleanse. Why now? Here are a few reasons:
• Make up for summer indulgences: Canadians know how to make the most of the fleeting summer months; we enjoy every last bit of those hot, hazy days. After a season filled with backyard barbecues, al-fresco cocktails and late-night gelato, it’s probably a good idea to cleanse, which will help restore your body to optimal health.
• Protect your body as you head into cold and flu season: The season of sniffles is right around the corner. In Canada, cold and flu season generally runs from November to April. Regularly detoxifying can help strengthen your body’s immune system and fight off viruses. Resolve to prevent illnesses before they start—your body can use all the support it can get.
• Prepare for the upcoming holidays: The holidays may be a happy time, but they’re inevitably accompanied by stress, less sleep, and changes to our diet which aren’t always healthy. A cleanse can give you the energy and strength to power through all the way to January.
While it’s a great time to start a cleanse, it also happens to be a busy time for many people. The good news is that you don’t need to make overwhelming changes to your lifestyle in order to do a proper cleanse. People assume it’s an all-consuming, extreme process, when it’s really a matter of making small changes that will have big results.
• Start by loading up your diet with warming foods, such as sweet potatoes, squash and beets, as well as spices like cinnamon, clove and ginger. Reach for cruciferous veggies, like broccoli, cauliflower and kale, which contain liver-friendly compounds.
• Detox pathways need to be flushed—especially our cells and kidneys—which is why hydration is a key component of cleansing. Increase your fluid intake by reaching for flat or sparkling water, lemon water or unsweetened nut milks. Black, green and herbal teas also count toward your water intake.
• Take your detox a step further by opting for an herbal cleansing tea such as Flor•Essence® Herbal Cleanse. This whole-body cleansing formula effectively helps your body to remove accumulated waste and environmental toxins better than it can on its own. Made with eight herbs and 97-percent organic, Flor•Essence® provides antioxidant phytonutrients and supports the organs of elimination and detoxification.
Unlike other detoxes that can be hard on the body, Flor•Essence’s soothing tea doesn’t push your body into an extreme state of detox. Rather, it supports your body’s detox systems in doing what they were made to do, only a little bit better. Best of all, Flor•Essence® helps you safely and gently detoxify your body in just one week.
A full-body detox doesn’t need to be difficult. Commit to making these easy changes this fall—your body will thank you!